Amenity kit – aka Goodie Bag
Back in the day airlines were I think much more generous to all.
I remember when free drinks and meals were the norm even on short flights. Plus whatever class you flew you got a small pouch of flight essentials ie:
- Tooth brush
- Eye Mask
- Ear plugs
To get a goodie bag now with you need to pay more for your seat or get the Holy Grail of air travel… a free upgrade.
British Airways Amenity Kit (business class seat)
I am sure these used to be provided by Elemis, but now it is the White Company. Here is what you can expect:
A quite nice but rather small black bag containing:
- A grey eye mask – this is nice quality and soft. But it was really warm in the cabin (no individual temp controls in Business) so too hot to wear
- A pair of grey bed socks. I did wear these as I wanted to take my sandals off and didn’t want to treat anyone to the sight of my feet (shame some of my fellow passengers didn’t do the same!)
- A plastic toothbrush and a tiny tube of Colgate toothpaste (the toilets in Business Class seemed no better than in economy – just less people using them)
- Three White Company products. When I think of the White Company I think of throws, candles etc, I didn’t realise they did skincare too.
- 3ml SPA Relax Pulse Point Oil. It’s a tiny roll on with lavender aimed to help you sleep;
- 3ml SPA lip balm with vitamin E and shea butter
- 5ml SPA restore gentle moisturiser with shea butter and sweet almond oil.
- Ear plugs (in grey) the soft squishy type which are useful but with a short life span
- A leaflet about the White Company London who also provide the bed linen bundle (which you can’t keep)
- A pen
It was a nice pack and of course I took it with me but overall I was a little under whelmed. I also think it should have less plastic packaging/wrapping, and why not a bamboo toothbrush?
Also as this was BA a nice touch would be some or all items that were made in Britain. The SPA items all state made in PRC, the Peoples Republic of China.
My flight with British Airways Business Class was a treat and it felt great to turn left on the plane. I shopped round and got a bit of a bargain but I doubt it will become a regular occurrence.
Fancy getting an upgrade for free?!? Check out this great post Turning Left for Less
*post includes affliated links